Hull City: Owner Assem Allam says club put up for sale
Hull City owner Assem Allam has put the club up for sale as he continues to fight for a change of name to Hull Tigers.
Allam threatened to quit the Premier League club within 24 hours if the name change was rejected, and the Football Association turned down the proposal in April.
"When I say something, I mean it," he told a news conference on Thursday.
He revealed the club had been for sale 22 hours after the FA's decision.
Allam said an appeal was being lodged against the name change rejection with the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
"We stated earlier this year that the club would be for sale should our attempt to globally promote Hull Tigers as a brand name and as a playing name be blocked," said the 75-year-old Egyptian.
"As a consequence of the FA decision on 9 April, I announced on 10 April, within 22 hours, that Hull City is for sale."
No comments :
Post a Comment
Dear BsB Reader, Please drop your comments and do visit us again